March 23rd, 2020
The Swan Point Yacht & Country Club team is closely monitoring the impact of coronavirus and taking preventative measures to ensure that we are providing the highest level of service and cleanliness to our members & guests.
We are following the guidelines established by the CDC for preventing the spread of the virus, and we have implemented additional sanitation measures at our facility to mitigate risk and reduce the spread of germs. This includes the following procedures:
1. We have increased frequency in cleaning schedules with a focus on public areas, including handrails, door handles, cash machines and other high-touch common areas.
2. We have implemented enhanced food and beverage health procedures in our dining outlets.
3. We have installed additional sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
4. We have provided additional disinfectants and sanitizers to staff and guests.
5. We have posted visual signage throughout our facilities to encourage staff and guests to wash hands thoroughly and disinfect workstations, along with verbal and email communication.
6. Whenever possible, we are replacing standard beverage stations with single use products.
7. In compliance with the March 16th order of Governor Hogan, we will only be offering take-out service from our Clubhouse and Midway Grill. The Point Grill Lounge and Dining Room will remain closed until further notice.
The health and safety of our staff, members & guests is our highest priority. We will continue to work with health experts to ensure that our staff is informed and prepared to host you at Swan Point Yacht & Country Club. However, as we have told our staff, if you are feeling sick or exhibiting any signs of illness, please stay home and rest.
With proper precautions, golf can serve as an outlet for space and enjoyment during this time. See below to read more from industry experts.
· GOLF Magazine: Golf and the coronavirus: how to play with confidence, according to an expert
· Golf Digest: Can you play golf amid coronavirus concerns? With proper precautions, yes.
We appreciate your support and cooperation to create a safe and healthy environment at Swan Point Yacht & Country Club. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions at (301)-259-0047 and continue to check this page for further updates.
Please review the resources below for the most up-to-date information and prevention tips regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19):
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
· U.S. Travel Association
· Maryland Department of Health